Wednesday 23 January 2008

Sweet passions

I have been gorging on a carrot cake for the past two days. And the thought of having the last bit tomorrow makes me want tomorrow night to come quickly.

This is the land of desserts. There are just too many of them- waiting for you to dig into them. They melt in your mouth and leave you in sweet heaven. And you cannot wait to have them again.

Just like the temptation for sweets sometimes takes over, revisiting moments from the past just happens. Times that have been so very special, find their way into my conversation.

After my share of roughing it out there the temptation to revisit a happier past takes over. I recall the times gone by to fill emptiness of some days. And maybe my eyes light up as my heart is fed with their eternal sweetness.Then my heart is glad and my soul content.

But I do remember to leave some of the good bits for another day.

I don’t know if being a girl makes a difference but such things just don’t leave you too easy. The memory of a friend, seeing each other grow out from fears, realising how long we have known each other...guess everyone has had such moments.

And so I move on. Maybe to other desserts hopefully.

No comments: