Tuesday 22 January 2008

Designs on me?

In my life of long days and hungry evenings and even nights (at times) there is a certain encroachment by CSS( cascading style sheets).

I’m doing an online course and here comes the fun part... or so I hear. Rip apart a website.......see what it’s like on the inside. 3 columns, bold, picture here, white space...well actually suck the fun out of looking at an awesome website by thinking of how it was made and oh yeah...why.

Then design new pages of a website you would proudly call yours. Well I thought I’ll take it bit by bit (I mean the ripping!).

But there does come a time when the familiar sense of ‘ahem... why am I doing this’ steps in. Psst...It’s for the money, honey!

‘Speed’ as they say is of the essence. The life of a journalist is not easy folks. There are stories to be written and more to be edited and well it has to be done on the go. Think on the go, eat on the go.
Just go go go...

And I’m not really going anywhere with this ramble. But I’m just preparing myself for more invasion by style guides and tags and fonts and colours.

So if you see lesser posts than you’re used to...just know that I’m around but working..

3 comments:

krist0ph3r said...

i hear you.

i used to freelance as a web designer for a living before i got my regular day job, and some parts of css still scare the life out of me - there have been days when i've just deleted all my css files and started afresh. and that's after 5 years of "knowing" css and getting paid to use it well :D

D said...

you're scaring me!
but lets' take it bit by bit ;)

Pallav said...

bit by bit you can take apart a mountain, what is a CSS sheet compared to that!

there are always ways to work around the technicalities...pray to google :P

N