Thursday 14 February 2008

Recently...

So I have joined Facebook. Continuing in the tradition of doing some things I wouldn't normally do. I have to admit that I hated it the moment I was 'booked'.

It brought up a bunch of people that I could add to my list of friends and I felt dictated. I wanted to search for my friends, not have some thrown on me.

The funny thing is that people I have not been in touch with have woken up to me. Yes they did say it would be easier to keep in touch this way but I wasn't listening.

Communication has not developed in recent years. If anything it has shrunk- from letters, to emails to lines. Next thing we might just send each other words and it will suffice.

All along I have been sitting back and observing the drama unfold as Orkut and Facebook got famous. They created a huge hype in the beginning and some of it fizzled out, at least in the case of the former. Well lets just say I am happy I didn't let myself get an account there!

But this is an experiment and I pretty much did it for my friends, for my lazy friends who cannot drop a line. So let's see how it goes.

How many friends will I have? How many invitations will I turn down? How many hugs and nudges will I get? Booked, am I not!

****
It feels so good to blog again!