Monday 12 November 2007

Blaze

Today the Olympic site in London was engulfed in a fire near Stratford, East London. For me initially it was only a call by a well wisher to "stay at home". Fire, I thought, it couldn't be too big a deal. Thankfully there were no casualities.

A few minutes later as the news sank in, my mind did race back to all the unpleasant images I had seen on television of London under terrorist attack. In this case there has been no mention of a link to terrorism.

But beyond all the new reports and the faith in the police, how safe are we really?

1 comment:

Pallav said...

oohh Doo knows linking! thats a news to me...safety is relative my dear, i mean if i were to that can be a philosophical post. Really, how safe are we?
Should we be safe?

Risk is interesting, sometimes....like drinkin and drivin:P

N