Wednesday 14 May 2008

Bollywood does it again

I recently watched Bhootnath.I had been looking forward to it because it seemed like a fresh concept. A story about ghosts that isn't scary is good for viewers like me who don't like to pay to get scared.

But this one again is just typical funny first half and then an emotional ride. At least the ghost could have been spared from being emotional!

My thoughts about the movie-

I laughed at all the naughty things Banku bhaiya did and I am old enough to not try them out but what about kids who watch the movie?

What are we telling children-there are ghost?only good ones aka angels?they are friendly?

I am an SRK fan but I am disappointed like I have been for the past few movies. Were his emotional dialogues with the ghost's son necessary?even in a guest appearance?

But to an extent I guess the movie reflects our present times. Parents are just too busy to look after the kids so we need divine intervention.

All I now understand about Bollywood is never go after the trailor. Even a movie that had potential went down that all too familiar Bollywood path of a family drama.

Anyway the kid was adorable. And the first half is bearable.

1 comment:

Pallav said...

another good thing you can do is to do away with bollywood. and pray and hope they make some good movies in 10 years time!

:)