Tuesday 23 October 2007

Of movies and boxing

Rocky Balboa, does the name strike any connection in the brain?

You bet it does! The movie has been a family favourite for as long as I can recall. The background music is unforgettable, the adrenalin rush is tangible, the rawness in Sylvester Stallone's character is lovable.

The movie is also a good example to prove the media violence theories that say watching violence helps you to come to terms whith whatever bit of it you have inside. Yeah so when i have a bad day i can fight back with every punch that Rocky delivers. And Balboa's "go the distance" dialogue will definitely ring in my mind the next time I'm on the egde.

The portrayal of undeniable power of the human spirit,that's what I love about Rocky. I confess I have not watched all the parts of the movie but here I come. Rock on Rocky!

No comments: