Saturday 11 September 2010

You're only as good as your last fight

Arguments and fights are a part of life. I'm sure you knew that but I sort of missed that lesson up until this summer. I always thought I was a peace loving bundle (of joy) but...well...no.

I love a good fight...the shouting, the drama, the tears, the swollen eyes. Why ease tension watching people fight when you can get into one yourself! It's so refreshing.

But the fight is followed by that silence, the customary 'reflect back on your actions.' Let's just say that's when I see me in all my glorious faults and don't like me.

So now I try to judge less. For example:

you're drunk...oh I'm just as useless/wasted when I sulk. (manage a smile)

you're ugly...it's not like you chose to be. (seriously what happened!)

your math is worse than mine...I have my days too. (not really)

you can't help fight...life would sort of be dull without any action. (I wish I had a gun)

but you're skiiiny....ok so I haven't mastered this yet! (EeeeW)

So next time you pass me by, don't let the innocent face fool you. I might not comment on your shoes or your BMI but if need be I'll pick that fight till one drops.

:)

P.S. pardon the mistakes if you do spot them.

1 comment:

krist0ph3r said...

do you really love fights? fights with people you don't have much of a personal connection with are more like verbal duels than real fights.

but when it's a dear friend, the love of your life, or your siblings or parents...now that's a real fight!